Wednesday, November 07, 2012

How to stay asleep?

This graphic is from a banner ad alongside my email a week or two ago.

Now, admittedly, I did not click the "Learn more" link, so the following is all conjecture, based on this ad.

Is this one of "sex sells" things? Is the woman pictured speaking to me, saying, "If only you could fall asleep and stay asleep, we could meet and have cocktails--in your dreams"?

More likely, she's exemplifying the big secret to falling asleep!
Apparently, If I'm having trouble staying asleep, I need to wear red. Maybe that's it! The subtle psychology of primary colors on the brain! It WOULD explain why stop signs make me drowsy, when I see them at 3 in the morning.

Or maybe it's the dress. Will baring one shoulder help you stay asleep? YES! Becasue it's easier to ht the snooze button that way! So glad I worked out the secret.

Perhaps this woman is representative of someone who is NOT using the secret! Maybe she "struggle[s] to fall asleep."
"Aaugh! I can't stay asleep!" she is saying.

Here's a hint, Sweetheart: put on something more comfortable (and remove the high heeled shoes you're likely wearing with the dress) and LIE DOWN!

Maybe the ad contains subliminal messages to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. After all, I'm so sleepy now, I almost missed the fact that they misspelled "weird."

No comments: