Friday, June 09, 2006

Could this day get any more exciting?

Could this day get any more exciting? Sure, it could, but I bet it won't.

It's been threatening to rain all day, and we have had a few sprinkles here and there, but not really the flat-out frog strangler that the overcast skies have been promising.

I ran a few errands this morning. 'Got a hair cut. Man! Was that one hair ever long! The guy trimmed up my beard, too, so I can no longer do this:

As you can see, I chopped off the top of my head with the camera, which was difficult to do, since it had no sharp edges. (The camera, not my head.)

The carnival's in town, so the library is closed this week. The philosophy behind this, joked one of the other guys on the library board, is that, "If we keep it open, who's gonna prevent the godless Communists from coming in and having sex on the computers!"

I hate it when that happens!

Listening to: Jan and Dean, "Summer Means Fun"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, your library board compatriot would probably be totally appalled at what is happening in my hometown. Our county prosecutor has filed a petition against a former supposedly disgruntled employee and her friend for running a "sex ring" from the county courthouse. I believe this is actually a major cover-up of our local PA being reported to the EEOC and accused of sexual harassment and other things he really shouldn't have been doing out of the prosecutor's office. Anyway, if you are at all interested in what is happening in this small south-central Missouri town, you can check out the local newspaper's website and their attached sites to view. www.houstonherald.com