Saturday, January 13, 2007

Post 211, in which Allen tries out a new internet service and learns the meaning of disappointment

So, I'm taking on this new internet service provider on a one-month trial basis. The salesman seemed so assured that their software package would improve--and accelerate--my browsing experience that I buckled. I'm really not finding it to be any faster than what I was already using, despite what their little bar graph tells me about how much "faster" I arrived at the sites I know and love. Methinks they are being not quite truthful with me.

disappointment. noun
1. a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized; "his hopes were so high he was doomed to disappointment."
2. an act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone.

Oh! So that's what it means! I'll never misuse that word again.

No comments: