Monday, March 26, 2007

Journey to the Cross, night one completed

I spent most of Thursday and all yesterday (Sunday) afternoon working with a friend of mine on a project for our teens called "Journey to the Cross." It's a little like the Stations of the Cross, but it has theme rooms that cover the anointing at Bethany, the Last Supper, Gethsemane, the trial, mocking and beating, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus. There are thirteen "stations" in all. It's sort of an interactive/experiential approach to the final week of Jesus.

The original idea was to locate all 13 stations within the confines of a huge labyrinth, but we just didn't have the space available to do that. So, we built a scaled-down labyrinth to put in one large, multi-function room that led to the final station.

Honestly, I was expecting just our core group of 3-4 guys (Cornland, I reiterate, is very small), but they did some inviting, and we wound up with seven, which is a good number for something so unadvertised, except by word-of-mouth. Besides, a huge number of people would have been a logistical nightmare.

Anyway, we're doing a repeat Wednesday night (we don't have a regular Wed eve program), in case any want to walk through "the journey" again or know people that would benefit from the experience.

My friend took pictures with his camera phone, and I'll try to post some once I get them. I know, I have a bad habit of saying that and not following through, but I know the pics were actually taken this time.

No comments: