Saturday, September 15, 2007

Avast, Ye Sinner Dogs!

I'm scheduled to speak at the Springfield Christian School's chapel service this coming Wednesday, the 19th. It has recently come to my attention that the 19th is also International Talk Like A Pirate Day! So now, I'm torn. Do I deliver the entire devotional in Pirate lingo? My assigned text is John 2, the wedding feast at Cana in Galilee, in which Jesus turns water into grog--er, wine.

Feel free to leave yer suggestions in ye olde comments box.

3 comments:

hmsnow.novelist said...

One simple question can resolve your quandary:

How many pirates send their children to Springfield Christian School?

If the answer is less than one, matey, ye might rethink the piratical devo. Then again... no, last time I checked, it was still illegal to shanghai a crew, particularly one composed of children.

Allen's Brain said...

Illegal? Now you tell me!

As for the "how many pirates" question, you might be amazed at the answer, Springfield being the great port city that it isn't. It IS the capitol city, though, and with all those govt officials...

It would help if there were a few more exciting sword fights in the text, but Jesus didn't seem to go in for a lot of that sort of thing.

The Ironic Catholic said...

Allen--I know *I* am going to have fun on Talk Like a Pirate day....

I say do it for five minutes. Or throw it in every fifth sentence or so. Keep them awake. :)