Friday, November 21, 2008

Thinkin' 'bout Thanksgivin' Day

Sorry about the muteness here lately. I taught 3rd grade Wednesday, and that shot the rest of my day in its proverbial foot.

Then, of course, the fact that I'm a bit beholden to the calendar for my preaching has got me busy. Thanksgiving Day is next Thursday in the USA, so I am behoven to preach a sermon on being thankful. This is okay, but how many ways can you say, "Y'all need to be more grateful, 'cause God has done these things"? How many new things can you come up with to say, corporately, "We must thank the Lord for this"? It's a little taxing. Even so, I have much for which to be grateful.

I kicked around, briefly, the idea of bad reasons to be thankful. That'll be another post, probably.

I offer this cheezy pun to hold you over 'til I write again.

No comments: