Thursday, December 16, 2010

And the Christmas song parody of the moment is...

"There's Fleas On My Dog"
Based on Jose Feliciano's ubiquitous tune, "Feliz Navidad." I've been singing it:

There's fleas on my dog.
There's fleas on my dog.
There's fleas on my dog.
They make him itch, and he scratches them off.

No chorus yet, but frankly, this song is empty enough without parody. How is it really that different from "We Wish You A Merry Christmas"?

I'm saddened that Jose can't bring himself to actually wish me a Merry Christmas from the bottom of his heart! He wants to--he really does--but he just can't.  He just doesn't like me that well.

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas,
But I can't stand you! I really hate you!
I want to wish you a Merry Christmas
From the bottom of my heart (but I can't.)
[repeat]

Actually, I'm quite fond of Larry the Cucumber's version of that song. (Yup, Veggie Tales!) There's a tuba solo in the middle that briefly dissolves into "The Chicken Dance." Genius!

You probably can find it free online someplace.
try this.

No comments: