Monday, June 26, 2006

It Came From Allen's Brain--Again!

Yes, despite an outcry by an enraged populus, I have returned to blog some more!
"Jr I" camp week went very well, I think. (All except for that weird bearded guy who talked a long time in the evening chapel services--man, was he a drag!) Your prayers were greatly appreciated! The morning skits went very well, thanks to a talented trio of thespians (say that 3 times fast!) whose delivery made me laugh all over again at my own lines! I got to tell bedtime stories on a couple nights to the guys in the dorm--which was really fun--and put most of them to sleep, so that I had to repeat the ending of Tuesday night's story for several of them the next morning, because they missed it. (Well, good grief, Allen, didn't anyone else do anything at camp? Yes, but it's my blog, and I'm telling you about my role in it. I'm just self-centered that way.)
We baptized 13 young people, I think, on the last night of camp, with an additional 6 or so choosing to be baptized at their home congregations later on.
There will probably be some pictures later on, as soon as I get a copy of the photo disk from the week.

Saw the Prairie Home Companion movie Saturday night. Pretty fun, if you're a fan of the show, but I wonder if anyone unfamiliar with the radio show & it's premise would "get" it. Like the show, it's slow in places and truly weird and melancholy in spots. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not--but they seem to have done well at capturing the spirit of the show. Just a brief warning, however. The second song performed by the cowboy singers, Dusty and Lefty, is composed entirely of off-color jokes, since they know it's going to be the radio show's last performance.

Next big project: Vacation Bible School, July 9-14

No comments: