Friday, July 07, 2006

ICFAB in Wacky Land

Have you seen that classic Warner Bros cartoon, "Porky in Wacky Land"? Porky winds up in a surrealist's paradise, searching for the last of the dodos. Bizarre, and yet a lot of fun!
I recently took a trip to Wacky Land myself. The proof is in my mailbox.

I received today a letter from the AARP, which began this way:
Dear Allen,
Our records show that you haven't yet registered for the benefits of AARP membership, even though you are fully eligible. [emphasis mine]
For the record, I am (thinks a moment) 32-years-old, to the best of my knowledge. BUT I am "fully eligible" (for other things, if not AARP membership)!

More proof that I have crossed the border into the land inhabited by 100 nuts and a squirrel:
Verizon, the phone service provider, sent me a letter encouraging me to switch to their service and join up with a particular calling plan that they are sure I will enjoy.
In point of fact, I already receive my phone service from Verizon--AND I already use the advertised calling plan! The mind staggers! I'm very tempted to call their 800 number tomorrow and try to get myself signed up, just to harass them. It seems like that's what Jesus would do!

Listening to: the radio, playing some old 1940s-era swing

No comments: