Thursday, September 28, 2006

New "Light Bulb" entry

“You can be so obnoxiously literal, sometimes!” she spat.
“I wasn’t aware that I required your permission, but thank you,” he replied. “I’ll certainly take you up on your offer!”
--From Twenty Uses for a Burnt-Out Light Bulb,
a non-existent novel by Allen Hickerson
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Also, this site has a pretty cool idea. They parcel out classic literature and email it to you in bite-size pieces, so that you can read, say, Moby Dick (Okay, "Moby Dick!"), in the course of 252 sessions! Ideal for those who have no time to sit down and read a great classic. Now, in just a few minutes a day, you can read Dickens, Dante, Austen, Shakespeare, et al on a daily or tri-weekly basis--or even just on weekdays, if you wish! Surely there's some service like that to get you through the Bible in a year, via email. (I'm certain there is--and stop calling me Shirley!)

No comments: