Saturday, September 23, 2006

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Darned if I know! (I've been listening to the old Shadow radio programs quite a bit lately. Or should that be, "I've been listening to old The Shadow radio programs...?)

Tuesday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I got shanghaied, apparently. Actually, I stopped in at Springfield Christian School to sit in on the class I would be teaching on Thursday, to get a feel for how the class is conducted. Incidentally, even though there was a sign posted in the Starbucks on Tuesday evening announcing that it was TLaPD, it is challenging to order coffee like a pirate. "Yaarr! I'll be having the venti carrramel latte, light, with extra foam, Java Wench!" Just seems like there ought to be "grog" in there somewhere.

Wednesday was pretty uneventful, as I recall.

Thursday, I went in and did my substitute teaching thing. No lethal injuries incurred on the part of the students. Felonious assault (no, he's not a Jazz musician) was kept to a bare minimum. Beatings only continued until morale improved. We did have a fire drill, though.

Friday morning, I got a phone call. "Hi. Mrs S is sick today. Can you come in and sub for her this morning? I'll have the lesson plans waiting for you." So, another all-day affair. The 8th graders were subjected to my rendition of the Isa 40:34 aria from Handel's Messiah. The day ended with a pep rally for the boys baseball team. Yay.

I'm not going back in today, no matter how much they plead. It's Saturday, after all.

Church dinner tomorrow. Planning on Henry being here with us.

No comments: