Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Passover Meal a success!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes--both for the blog and for the blogger!

We had about twenty people show for the Passover Seder last night. The food was good, despite my having cooked most of it. It ran a bit later than I had planned, but most of the folks weren't in a hurry to take off, so it's all good, as the kids say nowadays. (They still say that, don't they? I'm SO out of the loop--yet still in the noose, oddly enough...) I can probaby live on leftovers for the rest of the week.

Meanwhile, we're experiencing the 11th plague, the early Spring cold snap (it's below freezing currently) with enough wind to fly a lead kite. It blew all during the Seder last night, too. That's what I get for using Jewish slave labor in the kitchen, I guess. Whoop! There goes the firstborn!

A pleasant surprise to most of the attendees was the "Louie, Louie" parody, "Pharaoh, Pharaoh." Most of them had not heard it before. Google it if you're among them. I'm too lazy to find it for you.

Oh, and a small piece of advice: Unless you're just a glutton for punishment, don't cut a slice of horseradish root and then just pop it into your mouth and start chewing--unless you're having sinus congestion issues.

Next up on the menu, we're having Good Friday services Thursday; Easter Saturday; and ice cream Sunday.

No comments: