Monday, September 03, 2007

Allen's Brain thinks he's Joel Bezaire!

Apparently, Bloggers' Union Local #483 isn't very influential, because here it is, Labor Day, and I'm blogging!

*****

No, it's not a download site for praise music mp3s.


When I first heard of this place, I assumed that maybe it was a sort of virtual congregation that met only online. Now, it is true that you can download sermons from there on itunes, but they are a real congregation that meets in a single real-world location. Springfield, IL, in this case.


If you live around my neck of the woods, chances are you've seen their commercials on television. They feature brief shots of people of all ages, from all walks of life, looking at the camera and saying, "I worship." Apparently, despite the deceptive logo, the "i" is intended to be understood as the first-person singular pronoun. I don't know if you need to be a Mac owner to attend there or not.




Oh, and Joel Bezaire is the Crummy Church Signs guy.

No comments: