Monday, October 01, 2007

Blogger Reflection Awards




I've been skewered by the delightful Ironic Catholic, who accurately described me as “consistently deranged.” No wait, not “skewered,” “tagged.” No, I was right the first time, actually. And I mean that in a good way (“though I’m really not into piercings,” he mumbled under his breath.)


Here's what you do if you're tapped (as in, "I tapped heem weeth my leetle hammer") for the badge at right:

1. Copy these rules.

2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.

3. Make sure you link to this post so others can read it and the rules.

4. Leave your chosen bloggers a comment to let them know they've been given the award.


5. Put the award icon on your site.


1. Since I didn't see a "No tag-backs" rule, The Ironic Catholic is one of the few blogs that I read regularly. The content is as smart and clever as the name. IC teaches doctrine or theology or something of the sort, and occasionally her swipes at systematic theology elude me, but usually she just cracks me up and connects with my religious sense of humor. Or is that my "humorous sense of religion"? Also, she posts comments here pretty frequently, which indicates that she reads ICFAB fairly often. Please pray for her sanity!



2. Savage Chickens, technically, is a blog. Sure, his posts are pictures of his one-frame comics drawn on post-it notes, but his commentary on life contained within is typically dead-on. Furthermore, since he doesn't write textual commentary, (except occasional responses in the comments box) he's least likely to respond to this meme.

3. Terry at A Disciple's Thoughts has an introspective and devotional bent to most of his posts. As a result of his and his wife's work with the Contact Church of Christ in Tulsa, OK, Terry has a lot to say about social issues. Additionally, he holds my feet to the fire by referring to good books and articles that I haven't read. Lastly, he's married to my old friend Janet. "Old" in this case refers to the friendship, not the friend.



4. How can I mention Terry and not mention Janet? Janet doesn't post to her blog as often as I'd wish, but she has a four-year-old at home, so that keeps her hopping. Her voice is that of the mildly-crazed that you often see in moms of toddlers and preschoolers. Her erratic prose makes me smile. Oh yes, she's married to Terry, (at number 3 on your hit parade) and is apparently a big fan of Henry Ian Cusick.



5. Joel's blog, Crummy Church Signs, must be read regularly. Otherwise, you'll swiftly get behind. As the title indicates, the blog features sayings from church marquees that are weird, contain poor spelling and grammar, and often features signs with sayings that are contrary to Scripture! CCS is worthwhile reading, especially for the long-term church member who thinks they might be losing touch with "the world" and needs a Christianese deprogramming. Oh, and it's dang funny!

*****



Well, there you have it: five blogs I read. I would have posted a brilliant, life-changing essay here, but instead I have this meme. ~sigh~

No comments: