Friday, April 04, 2008

The Consequences of Being a Nut

I am haunted by the mental image of a thousand monkeys in pillbox hats and matching vests, dancing with glee.

It all started a week ago, when I was at the ISWW, as I mentiond earlier. I stopped off at a vendor's booth to purchase a cd by the group Acappella. It wasn't until I got home Saturday that I realized I had left my debit card with the merchant. How did I find out? I had a message on my home phone answering machine:

"Hi this is So-And-So at the Acappella booth. You forgot your credit card here, and you need to come by an pick it up."

When I had given the gal my card, she had asked for my phone number. Without thinking, I gave her my home phone number. So, a day later and seven or eight hours away from my IL apartment, my card languished, unused, in Tulsa, OK.


Thankfully, a friend of mine that lives out there and also attended the conference, was willing to go pick up my card and mail it to me. When I received it, I sent her an email stating that a thousand monkeys in pillbox hats and matching vests were dancing with rejoicing and thanksgiving.

And now, I can't get that image out of my head!


Aaaaauugh!







A thousand monkeys is quite a lot, by the way.

3 comments:

EegahInc said...

Only a thousand? You'll never get the works of Shakespeare written that way.

Allen's Brain said...

How about the works of Rodgers and Hammerstein?
First, we'll have to convert the tapping of their steps into morse code...

Terry Laudett said...

Glad I could help, friend Allen. I think the thousand monkeys have been dancing thru my kitchen ever since . . . HA It was good to see you! Janet