Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's an Epiphany Miracle!

Or something.

I spoke on the phone with my sister (at whose house the Christmas gathering was to have taken place) yesterday afternoon. It seems that there's a rather nasty flu bug creeping about. It has an incubation period of approximately three days, and my nephew, um, manifested classic flu symptoms all day Thursday. Three more days would mean it might be Sunday before we know whether anyone else in their house is sick. Now, my family is a very generous bunch, but we're quite stingy when it comes to illnesses.

What this means, basically, is that y'all are stuck with me for another week--and I rejoice that none of the gift-wrapped presents at my place have a limited shelf life.

Now, did I ever tell you what happened to Magi about two years into their return trip, when they discovered that Bucky's map was utter barnyard fertilizer?

No comments: