Thursday, November 01, 2007

Agricultural Lessons Needed For Modern Believers, Says Allen's Brain

So, you want to do an attractive, autumn harvest-themed shirt with an inspirational theme, maybe even put a Bible verse on it? Great! Let's see... harvest... farms... crops... plants... trees! Needs to be autumn-oriented, so we'll put some bright colored leaves on it, and... Oh! I know! Acorns! Those are oak tree leaves, after all!
Now, we need a verse about harvest--since it's an autumn shirt... How about John 15:5? I've always liked that one, and it goes well with that book by that guy who also wrote the Jabez book! Put it on a yellow shirt... and... we're done!

And Jesus said unto them, "I am the branch, and you are the nuts!"

Now, I know that we are no longer predominantly an agrarian society in the United States, but this shirt defies explanation! "I am the vine, and you are the branches." Oak tree leaves and acorns! Yep, that's real similar! Then there's the rest of the verse, "Apart from me you can do nothing"--just like the acorn! The verse that probably goes better with these items is John 12:24 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."
Here's my suggestion: pumpkins! They're autumn-harvesty, and they grow on vines! Was this really so hard?


This shirt can be purchased here.

No comments: