Monday, June 27, 2011

I'd like to thank the Academy...

I’ve been awarded the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by nissa_loves_cats of the delightfully-named blog, The Lina Lamont Fan Club (“What’s da’ mattah wit’ my voice?)

Truthfully–and sadly–I wasn’t particularly familiar with Nissa’s blog. I think I had read a linked post, here and there, but wasn’t a regular reader. However, after browsing about, I think I’ll swing by there more often. Of course, that seems to be the dark, secret motivation of blog awards of this ilk. :-D

“Irresistibly Sweet” sounds like something that would induce nausea upon ingestion. Not sure what that implies about my blog. Additionally, Nissa comments, “The last time I passed out an award, one of my awardees... was not available to pick up his award due to being in jail for the death threats he kept making... So now I'm puzzled--- do I try to find bloggers who WON'T get arrested to award them, or should I consider it a challenge to pick another potential trouble-maker? I'm torn....” So, now I REALLY wonder what she thinks of me! Hee-hee!

So, thanks, Nissa... I think...

Anyway, the stipulations for accepting this “award” are as follows:

The Rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.

2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.

3. Pass the award along to 8 deserving blog buddies.

4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
*****

Now then, onward to the Abyss!

VII Roman, er, Random Facts About Allen’s Brain

I. I’ve quite a fondness for Hawaiian shirts and wear them over long t-shirts and sweatshirts in the winter. I have worn the same red print Hawaiian shirt the last 3 Christmases–maybe 4.

II. “I think you ought to know, I’m feeling very depressed.” Recently finished downloading the complete “Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy” BBC radio programs, and am listening to them in my car. Marvin the Paranoid (and perpetually-depressed) Android, btw, is the source of that quote.

III. With a passion for strong coffee and super-spicy food, it’s a wonder I have any tastebuds or stomach left, but I do. They’re on the third shelf from the bottom, second and fifth from the right, respectively. (Okay. That last bit’s not true. It’s actually the 2nd and 6th from the right.)

IV. Just achieved gold card status on my Starbucks membership. Yay.

V. In my fantasy life, I would run a tiki-themed coffee bar called either “ExotiCafe” or “Shrunken Ed’s.”

VI. I have never been compared to a giraffe or a bowl of cereal, and I don’t particularly envy anyone who has.

VII. Perhaps it’s the mad scientist in me, but I really like a good thunderstorm: lots of forked lightning, loud crashes of thunder, and great, wet curtains of rain plummeting to earth! Muh-ha-ha-ha!
_____
I don’t think I know/read 8 bloggers that would do this sort of thing, but if you are one such, and would like to do this, then I consider you Irresistibly Sweet!

No comments: